A bit belated, but here are the results from the audience survey from The Rave Scenes.
Just a disclaimer, though. As we received 30 responses from a total number of 194tickets sold, I tried to calculate the Margin of Error, for some of the questions.
1. Is this your first year at the Capital Fringe Festival? (13.18 MOE)
Yes - 24 (80%) / No - 6 (20%)
2. How old are you?
Average Age - 29.04
3. How did you commute here? (15.33 MOE)
Auto - 20.5 (68.33%) / Public - 8.5 (28.33%) / Bike - 1
4. Where do you live? [We're gonna keep this one private]
5. Are you a raver?
Yes - 6 / Maybe - 4.5 / In a past life - 7.5 / No - 11
6. Do you regularly see live performances? (11.2 MOE)
Dance - 1 / Music - 7 / Theatre - 6 / Other - 1 / No - 4
dance/music - 2 / music/theatre - 2 / music/other - 1
dance/music/theatre - 4 / dance/music/theatre/other - 2
Yes - 26 (86.67%) / No - 4 (13.33%)
7. How did you find out about The Rave Scenes? (13.18 MOE)
WOM - 24 (80%) / Postcard - 1 / Fringe - 4 / Print - 1
8. How did you find out about the Capital Fringe Festival? (15.1 MOE)
WOM - 21 (70%) / Print - 5 / Attended Before - 2 / Fringe - 2
9. Was this show relevant to you?
Average - 5.61 out of 7
So the neat thing?
A LOT of first time Capital Fringers came to see this show, and most of them found out by word of mouth. And for the most part, this show was pretty relevant to the audience who came to see it.
I will be putting out another survey to the audience and update this page with any new input.
Otherwise, I hope you found this insightful.
I want to make it a point to collect whatever data I can, qualitative and quantitative, to insure that AWoL Productions continues to grow from each experience. Obviously, this survey was tailored to a particular event and venue.
Let me know if there are some questions that might be useful to consider, as I get feedback from future performances.
That's it for now,
- JR, Vision Director, AWoL Productions